Apply for the grant or renewal of a licence to use a private hire vehicle
Private hire vehicles are the subject of licensing rules, regulations and conditions to ensure they are fit for purpose.
To apply for a licence please submit a completed application form with:
• V5C registration document (A bill of sale is required for new vehicle applications)
• an insurance certificate which must show appropriate private hire cover.
• MOT certificate (if required)
• certificate of fitness issued by an authorised Wokingham garage and
• if the vehicle is fitted with a meter a meter certificate must be provided, showing the meter has been calibrated by an approved Wokingham meter agent.
Completed application forms
Completed application forms should be sent, with the supporting documents and fee, to:
Licensing Team, Public Protection Partnership, Wokingham Borough Council, Shute End, Wokingham, RG40 1WW or scanned and emailed to: Licensing@wokingham.gov.uk
Please view the current licensing Fees and charges to find out how much you will need to pay.
To pay by debit/credit card please use the dedicated payment line number 0330 131 9742 and then select Option 2. If paying by cheque please make payable to West Berkshire Council and post to the address above.