The Landlord Forum provides an opportunity for landlords and industry professionals to acquire and share information as well as exchange views. It also allows us to keep landlords up-to-date regarding legislation which currently affects them and provides a wealth of signposted resources regarding housing related matters. There are also resources available for tenants.
We host regular events (virtual and physical) on a range of Housing related topics which will include content from our Housing teams, National and Local organisations & stakeholders (e.g. CAB, NRLA,RLA, Property Mark, CIEH), Lettings Agents and other Regulatory Authorities such as Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) and The HSE.
Aims of Landlords Forum:
- Build and enhance working relationships with landlords by sharing knowledge and experience to achieve compliance with regulations and minimise hazards in private rented accommodation.
- To share information on legislation, codes of practice and legal guidance in respect of housing related issues, for example landlord and tenant law, safety and standards within properties and management practices.
- To develop good practice locally to enhance the local private rented sector.
- To promote and encourage good living conditions for people living in privately rented accommodation, particularly in respect of affordable heating, energy efficiency measures, crime prevention, safety and wellbeing.
Please find details below of useful resources and information for landlords.
- Housing Act 2004 - HHSRS Themes, e.g. Excess cold, Damp and Mould
- Fuel poverty & EPC Regulations
- Licensed HMO’s, HMO Management Regulations & Live in landlords
- Office to Residential Conversions – Hazards post completion e.g. Excess Heat
- Landlord and Tennant Act 1985 & Fitness for Human Habitation 2019
- Dealing with ASB
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Waste Responsibilities
- Enforcement Policy including Civil Penalties & Rogue Landlord Database
- Evictions & The Deregulation Act 2015
We have complied a list of frequently asked questions. Please see link here.
Please note – this email is only for matters relating to the Landlord Forum. If you have other housing enquiries then please contact us here.