A shared service delivering Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards across Bracknell Forest, West Berkshire and Wokingham Borough Councils

Temporary Event Notices (TEN)

A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required for events that include selling alcohol, providing entertainment and serving hot food or drink.

The guidance notes at the end of the notice provide further information about TENs including the licensable activities, application process and fee, limitations of use and who can object to a TEN. You should consider this guidance before making the application.

Apply for a TEN

If you wish to hold an event you must give a TEN to the relevant licensing authority where the address of the event is located as soon as possible and in any case no later than ten working days before the event.

Apply for a late TEN

In exceptional circumstances, you may submit a limited number of late TEN's which can be submitted up to five working days but no sooner than nine working days before the event.

Please note: the working day does not include the day of submission of the notice or the day of the event.  Failure to submit your notice in time will mean the TEN is invalid and your fee will not be refunded.

  • Your event must involve no more than 499 people, including staff, at any one time.
  • You must be 18 years or older to apply for a TEN and can give a maximum of five TENs per year.
  • If you are a Personal Licence holder, you can apply for a maximum of 50 TENs per year.

You can apply as follows:

Wokingham Borough Council - Download an application form from associated documents below. Completed forms must be submitted with the fee to Wokingham Licensing Team, Wokingham Borough Council, Shute End, Wokingham, RG40 1WW or scanned and emailed to Licensing@wokingham.gov.uk

Payment may be made by cheque made out to West Berkshire Council or to pay by debit card phone 0330 131 9742 and select option two.

West Berkshire Council - Apply and make payment online 

Bracknell Forest Council -  Apply and make payment online 



To make an enquiry please contact the relevant licensing authority:

West Berkshire: Licensing@westberks.gov.uk

Wokingham Borough: Licensing@wokingham.gov.uk

Bracknell Forest: Licensing@bracknell-forest.gov.uk

Associated documents

large event marquee
Bracknell Forest
West Berkshire