PPP Logo

Facebook     Twitter

Premises licence under Gambling Act 2005

To operate any of the following businesses you need a premises licence granted under the Gambling Act 2005:

• casino premises licence
• bingo premises licence
• adult gambling centre premises licence
• family entertainment centre premises licence and
• betting premises licence.

You must:

• be 18 years old or older
• be authorised to make such an application (if applying on behalf of a company or partnership)
• hold an operating licence and certain members of staff may need to hold personal licences and
• have the right to occupy the premises.

Operating and personal licences are issued by the Gambling Commission.

If your premises still need to be built or you do not have the right to occupy it, you should apply for a provisional statement.

To apply

Application forms and further information can be found on the Gambling Commission's website.

Applications may be given by post or electronically by submitting the completed application form and all the required documents to the relevant licensing authority:

Bracknell Forest: Licensing, Bracknell Forest Council, Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell RG12 1JD and emailed to: Licensing@bracknell-forest.gov.uk 

West Berkshire: Licensing, Council Offices, Market St, Newbury, RG14 5LD or scanned and emailed to Licensing@westberks.gov.uk



Please view the current licensing fees and charges to find out how much you will need to pay.


Make a payment


Associated documents

Bracknell Forest
West Berkshire