PPP Logo

Facebook     Twitter

Premises licence - making an application

Applications should be made to the local authority where the premises are situated. You will need to submit the following documents with your form:

  • a plan of the premises - to a scale of at least 1:100 unless agreed with us otherwise 
  • a consent form signed by the Designated Premises Supervisor - required for the sale of alcohol and
  • proof of entitlement to work in the UK – for a list of acceptable documents refer to the guidance notes attached to each of the application forms.

Designated Premises Supervisor

Every premises that sells alcohol has to specify an individual to take responsibility for the day-to-day control of a premises and to authorise other staff members to sell alcohol. This person is known as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) and must hold a personal licence.

To apply

You can download an application form and the Applicant Guidance notes from Associated documents below. Further information can also be found on GOV.UK  

Applications may be given by post or electronically by submitting the completed application form and all the required documents to the relevant licensing authority. Your application will not be considered to be valid until all information including the fee has been received by the relevant licensing authority:

Bracknell Forest: Licensing, Bracknell Forest Council, Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell RG12 1JD Licensing@bracknell-forest.gov.uk or apply online at GOV.UK.

West Berkshire: Licensing, Council Offices, Market St, Newbury, RG14 5LD or scanned and emailed to Licensing@westberks.gov.uk


You will be charged a fee that's based on the non-domestic rate-able value of the premises. 


Make a payment


After you have submitted your application, you must display a blue notice at the premises for 28 days and place an advertisement in a local newspaper within the first 10 working days of the submission date. There will be a consultation period for 28 days during which responsible authorities and other people (e.g. local residents or businesses) can object.

Current licence applications

See here


Any persons and responsible authorities can make representations to the licensing authority.

Representations must be made in writing and can be emailed to the relevant licensing authority. You can download a representation form from Associated documents below. 

Representations for Bracknell Forest Council can be made on line at GOV.UK.

If there are no objections, the licence will be granted. If there are objections, the Licensing Sub-Committee will consider the application at a public hearing.

Duration of licence

Once issued premises licences have an unlimited duration, unless they are for short events and the holder has specified an expiry date. For all other licences, an annual fee is payable on the anniversary of the grant of the licence. Please view the current licensing fees and charges to find out how much you will need to pay.

Making changes to licences

There are certain circumstances that will require the licence holder to make an application to change their licence or to give not notification:

  • variation of a premises licence 
  • minor variation of a premises licence 
  • variation of designated premises supervisor
  • transfer of a premises licence
  • request to be removed as designated premises supervisor
  • dis-application of the designated premises supervisor (community premises only)
  • interim authority notice
  • notification of an interest in premises and
  • notification of change of name or address.

Application forms for changes can be downloaded from Associated documents below or  Application forms for changes can be downloaded from GOV.UK

Completed forms and other required documents must be sent with the fee to the relevant local authority.  Please view the current licensing fees and charges to find out how much you will need to pay.

Provisional statement

For premises that have not yet been constructed, or which will need significant amounts of work before they can be used for licensable activities may apply for a Provisional Statement to be granted.


To make an enquiry please contact the relevant licensing authority:

Bracknell Forest: Licensing@bracknell-forest.gov.uk 

West Berkshire: Licensing@westberks.gov.uk


Associated documents

Bracknell Forest
West Berkshire