A shared service delivering Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards across Bracknell Forest Council and West Berkshire Council

Facebook     Twitter

Filthy and/or verminous premises

The majority of filthy and verminous complaints are generally made by a neighbour, friend or relative of the occupier. Referrals may also be made by other agencies such as Adult Social Care or the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service. Complaints range from concerns about property disrepair, vermin infestation, accumulations of rubbish, water leaks or concerns that the occupier of a property has not been seen for some time.

Where appropriate a Public Protection Partnership (PPP) officer will consider if the property is:

  • filthy or unwholesome so as to be prejudicial to health and/or
  • verminous.

Due to the complexity of these cases it may be necessary for a number of agencies to work together. For further advice and information please contact us.

West Berkshire