All sales of alcohol must be made by, or under the authority of, a personal licence holder. Applications for a personal licence must be made to the local authority in which the applicant lives. Requirements for a new application for a personal licence are as follows:
- applicants must be over 18 years old
- proof of entitlement to work in the UK
- an accredited qualification (please see list of accredited personal licence qualification providers)
- a criminal record certificate - the date of issue shall be no earlier than one calendar month before the giving of the application to the relevant authority
- fee of £37.00 and
- 2 recent colour photographs (45 x 35mm) one of which should be endorsed as a true likeness by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification.
How to apply
You can download an application form from GOV.UK or from Associated documents below. Completed application forms, original DBS certificate, original qualification certificate and copy of proof of entitlement to work in the UK must be supplied with the appropriate fee to the relevant licensing authority as follows:
Bracknell Forest Council: Licensing, Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell RG12 1JD
West Berkshire Council: Licensing, Council Offices, Market St, Newbury, RG14 5LD
Personal licences once granted last indefinitely. If you change your name, address or lose the licence, you’ll need to apply for replacement, enclosing the fee of £10.50.
If your licence is lost or stolen you must inform the licensing authority as soon as possible. A fee of £10.50 is required for the issuing of a replacement.
To make an enquiry please contact the relevant licensing authority:
Bracknell Forest: Licensing@bracknell-forest.gov.uk
West Berkshire: Licensing@westberks.gov.uk