Meet the Animal Wardens - Summer 2021
Our Animal Warden Officers will be out and about at the following locations, on the dates shown, to talk to members of the public about the role the wardens play in the community. The wardens can also check your dogs microchip details are correct and that the microchip is still in place. We're giving away free dog 'poop' bags and would be happy to talk to you about the welfare of your dog or dog(s) you might be concerned about.
We'll be updating times either the day before or on the morning of the 'meet'. Please note we'll need to be flexible on these timings based on the workload that comes in to the team.
We've kept the last date (Friday 27th August) 'free' for you to tell us where you think we should visit:
- Wednesday 7th July - Burghfield, Mortimer & Aldermaston
The wardens will be in Aldermaston until midday, then off to Mortimer until around 2pm and finally on to Burghfield until 4pm. *
- Friday 9th July - Shaw, Donnington & Speen (incl. Snelsmore Common)The wardens will be in Digby Road area in Speen from 9-10:30, then Shaw / Donnington 11am to midday, then Snelsmore from 1:30pm onwards. *
- Wednesday 14th July - Earley & Woodley: Southlake Park, Bulmershe Park, Sol Joel Park.
9am - The Meadows, Rushey Way / 10am - Laurel Park / 11am - Sol Joel Park / midday - Woodlands Recreation / Bulsmere / 2pm - Woodford Park / 3pm - South Lake *
- Friday 16th July - Sandhurst, Crowthorne & Owlsmoor (incl. Swinley Forest)
9:30am: Swinley Forest10:30am: Wildmoor Heath (Boardwalk)11:30am: Snaprails Park12pm: Sandhurst Memorial Park1:30pm: Morgan Recreation Ground2pm: Wildmoor Heath Nature Reserve3pm: Horseshoe Lake
- Wednesday 21st July - Tilehurst: Little Heath Park, Arthur Newbery Park, McIlroy Park
- Friday 22nd July - Arborfield, Finchampstead: (incl. California Country Park)
- Wednesday 28th July Great Hollands & Wildridings: The Pavilion, Jennetts Park, Mill Park
- Friday 30th July - Calcot: Recreation Ground & Linear Park
- Wednesday 4th August - Winnersh, Woosehill & Barkham (incl. Dinton Pastures Country Park)
- Friday 6th August - Purley – on – Thames (incl. Sulham Woods)
- Wednesday 11th August - Newbury: Northcroft & Victoria Park (incl. Greenham & Crookham Common)
- Friday 13th August - Bullbrook & Winkfield: LilyHill Park, Longhill Park
- Wednesday 18th August - Thatcham: Kennet Heath Parks, Lower Way Playing Fields (nr Nature Discovery Centre)
- Friday 20th August - Charvil Country Park, Ashenbury Park & Aldermoors Nature Reserve
- Wednesday 25th August - Warfield & Binfield: Cabbage Hill, Temple Copse/Popes Meadow
- Friday 27th August - TBC – Let us know where you think we should visit!
* - they may have to leave at any point to deal with a rescue/incident.
For full details see link here.